Thursday, October 13, 2011

The first big test


Our hero's latest adventure involved a trip to the big hospital for an MRI. Since babies can't be counted on to stay still for the 30-minute test, they are sedated. H didn't love getting the IV in his hand, but didn't pout about it after it was in. Dig the modified Dixie cup that the nurse used to prevent H from sucking on his hand. Clever. We had a great team of nurses and techncians looking after us. H loves the ladies, and is a shameless flirt. I hope when he grows up he uses this power for purposes of good, not evil.




After the procedure was over, and the fog lifted, H was very interested in the assorted cords and cables draped all over his gurney. As a distraction, and to reward him for being so cooperative, he got a little prize from the toy bin. We picked this blue bracelet, because it most resembled the IV cords he was fascinated by.




I'm astonished by how quickly everything is moving. This whole awful thing will be over before I know it.

3 comments:

  1. yup... faster than ours wait and it will be done done done!

    I'm almost glad Señor Chubbycheeks is too little for me to share the pre op stuff I gathered to get my girlie ready for her surgery!
    Although I have to say, she doesn't remember much other than being hungry and it taking too long for food to arrive at her room.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably more supportive, but what really strikes me is how BIG he already is! Holy cow!

    I'm counting down the days until this is history. Hugs to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Senor Chubby Cheeks, am sending my love and prayers to you and your Mom and Dad, my heart sank as your Aunty told me about how you were doing, family will always be there for you with lots of love, Praying that your surgery go's well and that God will have his hands upon you always, love always from your cousin Cheryl Turner XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete